Yesterday's post brings me to what God's been having me really think on lately. Holiness. It's so much more than I want to think it is. So many times I'll be flustered and think something I shouldn't think. And feel justified. Or stub my toe and say something I shouldn't. I don't need a cuss jar, but it's probably not the best thing I could say either. Or think that stray thought about someone I see or know. Or watch just that one little show I shouldn't on TV. Ouch!
Sometimes people say this thing or that thing "crossed the line" of their own moral compass, so to speak. But do we, even as Christians, live on the other side of the line? How far away from God's ideal do we live?
Holiness is more than I take in. And when I occasionally stop long enough to really think about it, it overwhelms me. He overwhelms me.
1 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
1 comment:
Glad you dropped by. Like Hansel & Gretyl you left some tasty crumbs that allowed me to find my way here to your "wall". I like it!
I am also stirred by the subject of holiness. It gets a bad rap all too often.
Bless you,
Kathleen
Post a Comment