Tuesday, September 23, 2008

in the mail

Getting mail is fun. I even like to look through the junk mail. It's interesting to see if it's addressed to me or the hubs.. or occupant or whatever. There might be a magazine or something.. you never know. I also like to look through sale fliers. How else would I know if JC Penney's is having another weekly a sale. Or if PedEggs are on sale at Bed Bath and Beyond. This is important stuff.

But not every package is fun. I opened an envelope yesterday. I know it comes at this time of year. And yet, some years it still takes my breathe away. This year I wasn't as stunned by it, though. It was from the hem/onc floor at the hospital where Bub was treated. They have a remembrance ceremony every year. Parents submit photos for a slide show and bring displays and (I assume) staff/doctors etc are there also. It's sort of a mix and mingle kind of thing too. (which we are soo not into) We've never been to this. I just don't know that I could take looking into the eyes of child after child that "didn't make it".

I remember the first time I got one, I didn't even know what it was. But I was so thankful just to be remembered. We can cancel and they wouldn't send us an invite anymore. But it's nice to be remembered...even if we don't go to the ceremony. As they say at the close of the letter...love always remembers.

1 comment:

Smelling Coffee said...

I pray the Lord's continual healing for your hearts as you daily remember.