Monday, September 15, 2008

not so imaginary

I met somebody for lunch today. Not just anybody.. I met somebody I've only known through blogging. She's not just my imaginary friend anymore! Is that not the weirdest thing or what?! If somebody had of told me when I started doing this in the spring that I would be chatting with strangers, I would'a laughed. Well I guess the laugh is on me! I had so much fun. I felt like I knew her better than a few of my 'real' friends. We jabbered like we'd known each other forever and in some ways we have... we've 'talked' to each other via our blogs for months. And not just 'howdy do' sorta stuff... blogging can be deep and personal sometimes. Can't it?

I can't describe how blogging has changed me. I feel like I have a place to be transparent. I hate to use that word because some people think of that word as their license to 'whatever'... but blogging is a place to share from the heart. Something that in my opinion, is all but lost in church today. And then through comments or meeting face to face like I did today (!!!) it gives opportunity for 'us' to know each other better and be of encouragement etc...whether it's a wonderful day and the birds are singing.. or a dark day and things aren't going so hot. Or grieving something or just whatever is on your mind...

It's a wonderful community. I'm glad my corner of it got a little smaller today. I had a fun lunch! :-D