We ate at Chili's over the weekend and they just started their annual Create a Pepper campaign. It creates awareness of childhood cancer and raises funds for St. Jude Children's Hospital. We have colored peppers every year for Bub. This year is no exception. As we walked into the entry way, I saw them hanging on the windows. It took my breathe away a little bit. It always does. Here we are. Another year later. Coloring a pepper. Again.
Daddyman drew Bub's favorite things. Two kitties. (he slept with two Beanie Baby kitties he named Kitty and Meow Meow... ooo, the creativity of a two year old!) Blue from Blue's Clues. Bob and Larry from Veggie Tales. And some other little things.
I wrote a very short version of his story on mine. I used a pen.
We always want to make our peppers personal.. as in.. YES, this disease really strike families that look just like us... the patrons you see every day. It happens more than you think. I think that's why we put our hearts on those little peppers every year. A tiny way to raise awareness.
We both joked about wanting to bring in our own drawing pencils next time. Their crayons aren't the best. LOL
We handed them to our waiter. And then waited. For the inevitable. Something always happens.
This time, it was the manager who came and talked to us for a minute. It was very sweet of her to come and find us. We enjoyed our little chat with her. We will probably color another pepper before the campaign is over.
Draw one yourself. It's for a good cause!
1 comment:
I so enjoy hearing you talk about your son. It’s so sweet. I know that they are precious memories to you.
Chili's is not a place we frequent, but I will make a point to go and color a pepper for you.
Emailed you.
~Donna
Post a Comment