Like I said.. I just shook my head.
We watch. We laugh. We call ourselves 'fans' of TV shows, actors, actresses, singers etc and ignore their agenda. The world's agenda. Satan's agenda. When are we going to wake up and realize these people aren't people who's opinions (and money and influence) we should covet or worship for that matter. They did not wake up one day and become experts on all things.. including politics and the environment because they've made movies etc. I can't get over that. These folks aren't 'experts' on anything but standing in front of a camera and spouting off words that other people write for them.. and we pay to see it and worship at their feet. These people lead an elite lifestyle that pretty much isolates them from anything 'real'...including relationships that last beyond ninety seconds, everyday struggles of 'normal' America and last but certainly not least... ANYthing of spiritual or moral nature. (I do realize this does not apply to everyone 'out there', but certainly to most all of the talking heads out there when it comes to THIS topic in particular) But we buy into it all.. including their vulgar opinions.
How do we buy into it??? By watching their shows, buying their DVD's or their CD's. But most of all.. by listening to them spout off their junk any time they speak and simply being 'fans'. When are Christians going to stand up and say NO? When are 'we' going to throw the baby out with the bathwater and stop
Sadly I don't think it will ever happen. Why? Because we're too interested in our leisure and our entertainment to really care much about what 'they' do. To be bothered by their agendas.
Because of that, we lose. That's scary.
6 comments:
Good point, whatever one's faith. Fame is cheap; wisdom often comes at a cost. Any monkey can get some attention on TV or the internet. I mean, think about it; even I have a blog! =)
Karen.. you crack me up! : ) Looking forward to a post from you soon.. you've been on my mind! Kay
What a great post! I totally agree with you. :)
Hardly a day passes that I don't scratch my head over the credibility stature afforded so many entertainers. Why would anyone care what Joy Behar, or Brad Pitt, or Lindsey Lohan, or Matt Damon, or - as you point out - Chevy Chase have to say about anything? Yet they are put out there as if they are today's sages. Scarey!
I am not normally mean-spirited, but sometimes I think not-nice things about the liberal press - be it on the T.V. or the internet.
Fear of the Lord ... now that's the beginning of wisdom!
Kathleen
I totally agree!
On a different note, I've noticed that on the sidebars of my new blogging friend's blogs, when they have Smelling Coffee listed, it never shows a new post... Always the scripture from weeks ago. I'm trying to figure out why. When you entered the url, did you use "www.smellingcoffee.com" or www.smellingcoffeetoday.blogspot.com? I think it will work better with the blogspot address - maybe.
Thanks, friend... Jennifer
Jennifer... I put your blog in correctly.. with the blogspot thing.. I've noticed your little bloggy messed up on more than just mine too. I dunno what the answer is. I wish I did. I would fix it! (stuff like that bugs me lol) :-D
Post a Comment