But anyway.. that got me to thinking. I wonder if they get complaints about it? I wonder if anybody gets offended. I know.. gasp!!! Heaven forbid.
I can't count how often I, as a Christian and somebody with some morals, gets 'offended'. How many times have I heard "do it to me one more time" at the grocery store or more embarrassingly, in an elevator??? Just look straight ahead and don't make any eye contact... breathe..breathe... Whew! Or maybe it's the lady I saw the other day.. the well endowed lady.. without a hint of support for 'the girls'. Or another lady that decided to cuss at the man behind the counter at the tire store because he told her she needed a new tire. Or the skimpy clothes at the mall.. or people trying to push their political or social agenda on me.. or.. or... it goes on and on.
We can get so offended. Something in us gets riled up. But what? Most of the time, something happens that strikes a chord against our own flesh nature. Or even our 'religiousness'. But it's still US that's offended.
So how often is God offended? How often do we take into account the things we do that grieve Him? Not the big stuff.. the everyday stuff. The stuff we tend to overlook unless someone else does it in our direction and we're offended. This brings me to something God has been having me contemplate lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment