Friday, September 12, 2008

yIKEs

I've been watching all the hurricane info on the local and national news. I guess our state has hit the big time since Geraldo Rivera is doing updates from Galveston. My husband and I were watching some of the reporting today and the first thing that came out of both our mouths was... he ain't from around here. Warder? What kinda word is that? It's waaahhder. Everybody knows that!

We will probably get some rains this weekend.. nothing compared to those near the coast, but the storm's path is big and the rains across the state are expected to be huge. So I've made sure we have lots of snacks and things to cook over the weekend.. I'm not much of a 'cooker girl' on the weekend, so this will be different for me. But that's ok. Bought some cinnamon rolls...you know.. in case of an emergency! Always planning ahead.

But all silliness aside.. please pray for those in our state that are being affected by this. There are those that are evacuating.. those that refuse to evacuate.. those that will rescue the ones that refuse to leave or get stranded somehow... those on the road 'out', where ever that leads... those ending up in a shelter.. and those working those shelters. Flooding, winds.. I could go on and on!

In the face of things like this, I always pray that the Father would be revealed to those in need and that hearts would be more open to Him than they are in times of self sufficiency.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I'll share your prayers for those in harm's way. I can't fathom the degree of trouble expected, nor can I conceive of the evacuation logistics that have gone on for days. God bless the many in Ike's path.

And I'll gladly share some of those cinnamon rolls too!

Kathleen