Monday, September 8, 2008

it's over!


The weekend of the stupid whimpering crying baby is OVER. Finally. It was one long weekend. Within the realm of 'normal life' that is. But what a weekend it was.

Some funnies from the weekend: Boo is not a 'wake me up quick and get me to do something' kinda gal. The first time she woke up with the baby in the night, she couldn't figure out what was going on. Bless her heart.. she's not good at waking up fast. But that was short lived. She got better and better at being up in the night. And got faster at getting her bracelet magnet thing synced with the slot in baby's back and significantly reducing crying time. Yay.

Whimpering time was whole other ballgame. That thing sometimes whimpered off and on for 30 minutes while being rocked until it would finally let out that wonderful coo we were both waiting for. (Cooing signals the end of the 'session' and it can be placed back in it's carrier until 'next time'.) Oh brother.

Night before last wasn't without it's funny moments either. After a successful whimpering, crying, whimpering and then cooing session, she needed to make a potty break. So she did that and suddenly I heard this KA-THUD sound and she had run herself smack-dab into her own CLOSED bedroom door. Poor girl. Can you say D-I-S-O-R-I-E-N-T-E-D? I kinda had to say yoo-hoo...you're in here with me.. and 'the baby'. Daddyman slept single in a single bed for the weekend while the Boo and I camped out in the master. I had to laugh. I worried a little bit that she would wake Daddy up, but I shouldn't of worried. He didn't even hear the thud. He can sleep through anything. Don't you just hate that sometimes???

I helped out just a little bit around 4 something until 5 this morning. (sshhh.. don't tell anybody!) She needed the sleep!!! I just stayed up... figured by the time I feel asleep, the alarm would be going off. So I've been up a little while today. But I enjoyed the quiet. I went back to bed at some point and just watched her sleep. We do that when our kids are real little, but I haven't spent a lot of time just watching her sleep as she's gotten older. It was cute. On the one hand, she's growing and her legs are long and I can't get over that. But then again, she still likes to bring something to cuddle to bed and her arm was firmly wrapped around that. I guess at this age, she's quite a contradiction... beginning to grow up and still being a little girl. I almost wanted to cry watching her sleep, in full REM state, watching her chest rise and fall. Fully relaxed. It was sweet and beautiful.

I am sooo glad this weekend is OVER. Now on to things like laundry and groceries... and a nap!

No comments: