I haven't been around for a couple of days and it feels like I've been to the moon and back. But really it was just the hospital around the corner. My dad's health isn't the best and he ended up in the hospital for a bit for some testing and observation.
And I, as his appointed 'go to' medical person, of course was along for the ride. And what a ride it was. It's alllllways something. Mainly just tiring and very stressful. There are family issues, which are quite common to most all of us... things I won't go into, but did I mention it was stressful?? Couldn't remember if I had mentioned that. Wanted to make sure I got that in.
He was fiiiiiiinally released from the hospital last night at 5 something. He was dressing as I was digging through my purse to make sure he had evvvvverything...his keys-check! His wallet-check! His billfold-check! We're good to go. I finally got him home and settled and began my drive toward Chick-fil-a... I needed some comfort BAD. (my family had already eaten, as I had no clue of how long things would take and I'd told them to go on without me) I got the fried sandwich (did I mention I needed some comfort???) and planned on adding more pickles when I got home. YUM. I was smelling my sandwich and feeling like I'd barely make it home because I was wiped out.
That's when it hit me...
....my dad has one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" buttons and I still had it in my purse! I was so bummed. So I called him, told him I had it, which at that point he'd figured out and told him I'd be over after I stopped off at home to eat my sandwich. By the time I got home to stay it was almost 8pm. I took a shower and washed my hair. I don't usually wash my hair at night, but I just had to get the past two days OFF of me, including the smells and the memory of resting my head against a plastic glove dispenser mounted on the wall. I took a melatonin and was passed out by 10. I'm so glad to be home!!!!
1 comment:
I'll be praying for all of you - especially for your dad!
Post a Comment