Tuesday, September 16, 2008

can it be?

Can it be that I've sat down and typed out 99 posts already?? And today is actually number one hundred? Well it seems it is! So in a post that could also be titled "the most boring-est post to date", I guess I will continue the tradition of posting 100 things about myself. Are you ready??? I hope I am! LOL

  1. I am a child of God.
  2. But I came to know Him outside the church and apart from it's goings on.
  3. I feel like I don't fit in 'in the church' because I don't live and die by it's norms.
  4. My favorite book of the Bible is Ephesians.
  5. Psalms too
  6. I like to read books by Andrew Murray. He is probably my favorite Christian writer.
  7. I also like T.W. Hunt
  8. and Henry Blackaby
  9. and E.M. Bounds
  10. For the most part, I don't read fiction. Can't figure out it's purpose.
  11. I like cookbooks, but find I don't make much out of them.
  12. I like to cook healthy meals for my family.
  13. But only chicken and turkey. Not red meat. Lots of reasons for that.
  14. I like my bread machine.. especially whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread
  15. with marshmallow cream and peanut butter on top
  16. or just the marshmallow cream... right out of the jar
  17. I like the idea of being crafty, but often don't find much enjoyment in it.
  18. I can sew. I stress out easily though.
  19. But I've made some 'big' projects... like lined window toppers.
  20. I usually think whatever I'm making 'now' is the hardest thing I've ever made. crazy, huh?!
  21. I don't drink coffee. At all. So it's no big surprise you won't see me running around with a Starbucks paper 'mug'.
  22. I like herbal teas instead.
  23. Especially Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile
  24. With Stevia (natural sweetener)
  25. I'm not really a 'granola' mama, but we try to keep it fairly healthy
  26. I like dill pickles.
  27. And home grown tomatoes sliced right from the vine with salt and pepper.
  28. And cantelope.
  29. And homemade guacamole.
  30. And Vidalia onions...not by themselves though. LOL
  31. I wear no line bifocals.
  32. I like to paint my toenails
  33. But not my fingernails.
  34. Hot pink usually.
  35. I've never had a pedicure. That just seems odd to me.
  36. I am a very well documented germaphobe.
  37. Which makes me a joy at your house if you're cooking dinner. LOL
  38. I like the Peanuts comic strip
  39. And Dilbert.
  40. And the Far Side.
  41. I'm a dog person.
  42. And a cat person.
  43. We had a dog until we had to give it away because our son was so unhealthy.
  44. Both our kids were cat crazy, so when we decided to get another pet, we got a cat.
  45. There are things we miss about not having a dog.
  46. But cats are waaay easier.
  47. It takes me forever to find a purse I like.
  48. I have less than 8 pairs of shoes.
  49. But I only wear about 3 of those pairs.
  50. Mainly because I broke my foot a couple of years ago.
  51. It was a graceful move really... I missed a step and just found myself sitting.
  52. I cried like a little girl. It about killed me.
  53. I got to cruise around on a little scooter for THE WHOLE SUMMER. (think tricycle with bummed up knee on the 'seat' and using other foot to push.. with a little basket in front and everything!)
  54. I hate to wear shoes inside.
  55. And if I came to visit you, I would take mine off at the door.
  56. Pink is my favorite color.
  57. It used to be in my house.
  58. Thankfully we redid our house a few years ago.
  59. We re-did our kitchen around our old dining room table because it's one we've all sat around. I couldn't bear to part with it.
  60. And by all.. of course I mean all FOUR OF US.
  61. If this is your first day here.. we lost our son when he was four. (... if it is, this post will likely make it your last! LOL)
  62. We also have a daughter.. who is a total hoot.
  63. My husband and I married in 1991. Durn I'm old.
  64. We're both 43. See.. told ya!
  65. I told him I would marry him if he would agree that we not have kids.
  66. I got over that.
  67. Everybody I know now thinks that's funny.
  68. We live in the same house we bought 2 years after we married.
  69. I think it's sentimental for us now.
  70. I get teary if we think about moving even though we aren't crazy about where we live.
  71. I like to scrapbook a little bit.
  72. But I don't get into fancy layouts.
  73. I am a very shy person.
  74. But I can warm up easily one on one.
  75. Crowds freak me out.
  76. We like to eat out 'early'...before crowds hit.
  77. You can forget about the mall if it's crowded. Ain't happenin'.
  78. I don't like to dress up.
  79. I don't wear make-up every day.
  80. I'm left handed.
  81. I always thought being a leftie was fun.
  82. I only drink bottled water.
  83. We have a water cooler/machine thing with 5 gallon jugs at home.
  84. Tap water tastes like dirt to me. : p
  85. I want to be more organized than I am.
  86. I make stabs at it every once in a while.
  87. Clutter is a constant struggle for me. But that's normal.. right???
  88. I like being outdoors.
  89. My family doesn't.
  90. It drives me nuts.
  91. I grew up camping.
  92. Now we stay in hotels.
  93. Sometimes I miss camping.
  94. I like summer... even though I don't like the heat.
  95. I hate long sleeves.
  96. And being cold.
  97. I should eat better and lose a little weight around the middle.
  98. I should start walking again.
  99. I should mop more often. Have I mentioned my new kitchen floors are conveniently the color of dirt? Works out nicely for me since I hate to mop. The Cheetos tend to stand out though!
  100. As always... I should know God more intimately.

Well there you go. If you're still reading... and still awake.. there are some things about me. That was fun.. and weird at the same time. I've enjoyed getting to know so many of you through reading your blogs.. let's all keep writing, k?

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

What fun! And congratulations on your tenacity.

I just recently passed my own "100th Blog" mark. I opted out of the 100 things list as I could only think of 14 (sort of).

Be blessed!
Kathleen

Smelling Coffee said...

Congratulations on yoru 100th post! Nice to know more about you.

Gberger said...

This was great. It gives more background than what we usually can share in a posting, and rounds out things that are shared in others. You are a very interesting person, and it's fun to read your 100 things. Congratulations on your "blogiversary."

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was goin to tag you in "25 random things about me" (http://intostillwaters.com/2009/01/25/tagged/) but I see you've got it covered!

:D

Rina