Friday, March 27, 2009

a birthday and a giveaway

Happy bloggy birthday... to me! Wow! I've been blogging a year. Well, my first post wasn't really much to brag about, but it was a start. (you know..testing testing, one two three kinda stuff) I don't know all the reasons why I blog, just that I love it.


Whether I'm happy, sad, grieving, silly, afraid, or just weighed down...you guys come and read what I have to say. It's just crazy when I think about it, ya know?! Some posts stand out to me for various reasons. But these are the ones that mean the most to me because they pertain to the Life that I've received in having a relationship with God. Part one, two, three, four and five. I could keep linking all day to different posts that are important to me for this reason or that one. Or funny...to me anyway... I don't think I'm all that funny, although I try sometimes. lol But I think we'd all get bored! : ) Anyhoo...


And then there are all of you. I might as well just write everything down in a spiral notebook and shove it under the bed, if it weren't for you all. Like I've said before, I don't know all the reasons why I blog. Or why you all read the stuff I write for that matter. But I know I've gained so much from all of you. Thank you! Thanks for being much better bloggers than I ever will and making me laugh and cry and think in ways I never thought possible. And accepting me into your kind little sorority and being the best commenters a girl could ever ask for!


So! Now that I've gushed all over the place.... I have a little packet of goodies to give away to a chosen (I hate to use the word 'lucky') commenter. I wanted to give a little something back to the ones who've given so much to me through their kind words along this quirky little journey called blogging. So, I have a couple of fun prizes to give away today!


I couldn't decide what I wanted to give away. Like most people, my house is full. And everybody's house looks different so something to sit and look at might look great at one house and weird at another. So, something like that was out. And of course, whatever I chose needed to mail easily. And of course, be useful!


Every time I post a recipe for something fast and simple, I get great comments about how wonderful it sounds to get the job done quickly. So how's this?! I have a wonderful cookbook by Dawn Hall. I have several of her cookbooks and she's an amazing lady with an incredible story of the work God has done in her life. And her recipes are yummy too! I have to tell ya, I was tempted to keep this cookbook for myself... so that's real luuuuv, y'all! : )




And because I'm not just about feeding the body but the soul as well, I have this wonderful book by Andrew Murray. It has 365 devotions in it... so it will take a year to use it up. That's pretty cool. I love Andrew Murray! Another title of his that I love is in my sidebar. His writings are so concise and rich!


So these are my giveaways! Just leave me a comment anytime today through Saturday and I'll draw a name or do the random.org thing or something and pick a winner and post it sometime on Sunday!

How does that sound? Don't forget to leave a comment so your name can be entered to win!

7 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Aww those are very thoughtful gifts you chose. But what can I give you for your blogbirthday?
how about a nice cyber "pat on the back". Will that do? I hope so, it is all I have.
Love reading your thoughts even though you don't know why. :0
I have no idea why people care to read my mindless ramblings either....but I am afraid to ask for they may STOP. :)))

Jill said...

Happy birthday to "Notes from the Wall." I've enjoyed reading your blog over the past few months. I wish you many happy years to come! ( :

Gberger said...

Happy Day to you! I'm so glad that you love blogging and are getting positive things from it. It's a healthy & fun outlet for me, too. God bless you!

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

me me me me... la la la...

ahem.

Happy bloggy birthday to you!!!
Happy bloggy birthday to yooouuuu!!!
Happy bloggy birthday dear NotesfromtheWall.
Haaaappyy bloggy birthday tooooo yoouuu!!!


You are a sweet friend.

IMHO, It doesn't matter why... as long as you enjoy it.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Happy blogiversary!!

Antique Mommy said...

Happy Blogversary!

Rina said...

I missed the giveaway, but congrats on your blogaversary!