Tuesday, March 17, 2009

she's part Irish, ya know

This is a picture of Miss Boo at 14 days.






Sometimes I think she hasn't changed very much in the face. Sure, she's gotten more mature and grown some hair, but sometimes I go in a kiss her on the nose while she's drying her hair with a towel because I can cover up the hair and it's like she's a baby again. **awwww!!!**


She has always been a funny girl. When she was probably a little less than two, I bought a set of magnetic letters for her, thinking she'd stick them to the frig and stay out my way while I made dinner. Well... she couldn't care less about sticking them on anything. Instead she'd bring the letters to me one by one and say wha'dat? I'd tell her it's an R. It's an M. It's an S. On and on it would go. One day she came to me with a C and asked me what it was. I told her it was a C. She said looks like a G and walked away.


When she was old enough to understand her birthday and other holidays, she realized having a birthday on St. Patrick's Day was a mixed bag. For one thing, she had to wear green to school every year on her birthday.. lest she be pinched. Which she hated because her favorite color was and is pink, of course. But the thing we had a hard time helping her understand was the fact that being born on St. Pat's does NOT make her part Irish.


She still doesn't believe us. I'm kidding! sorta.

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Well, your Boo certainly LOOKS Irish to me, and I ought to know since my blood runs green. She's sure a doll; no doubt about it - - a mighty pretty lassie!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Happy birthday to the little irish lassie. ;) She is so cute...love the baby picture...tell the truth, did you glue her arms criss cross like that?? too sweet.
I think a St. Pattys day birthday would be cool....tell her it is better than sharing a birthday with JESUS. Try to steal his thunder??? not gonna happen.
(Linds's bday is Dec 27th, not easy)
I hope she has a great day.

Pam said...

Suz...

That pic was taken at home by a pro. She was dead asleep and here came this big loud Italian guy and he handled her kinda like a football (scared 'the new mom'.. me.. to death!) and sang weird Italian things loudly at her, her eyes popped open, he positioned her like that and snapped the shot. Not kidding! That was a strange experience but the pic is adorable! :)

I can't imagine having a Dec bd. That would be toooo hard.

Jill said...

She's precious . . . in both pictures! Hope she has a great day and doesn't get pinched. ( :

Gberger said...

Happy Birthday, Miss BOO! You are so pretty, with your cute, pert nose and that lovely strawberry-blonde hair (Irish or not).

I was wondering the same thing as Suz about the baby pic! Glad you explained. =)

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

Awwww. Happy birthday sweet thang!

Dawn said...

EVERYONE is Irish on March 17th....didn't you know that? LOL

Your daughter is beautiful.

~Dawn