Wednesday, March 11, 2009

a moment of silence please

We heard the most awful sound coming from our daughter's room Friday night. Oh NO! she said. We both panicked...thinking there had to be loss of limb... or at least some blood. But it turned out to be worse than we expected. Her Nintendo DS Lite.... her constant companion for over 2 years BROKE. To say she was bummed was an understatement. She didn't even know what to do with herself. She does do other things..but DS is her 'go to' fun thing when school pressures are off and she can have a little fun and relaxation.

So this did not float her groove... or whatever. I'm soo hip.



We thought about burying it in the backyard with a 21 Beanie Baby salute. But decided on a more casual approach. Boo put it in the china cabinet. So right now it's on display with other sentimental, treasured items. We went first thing Saturday morning to replace said DS. We're so thankful they're plentiful now. When we got her first one... it was a Christmas present and Daddyman drove to another city to snag the last pink one we could find on the planet.

But the only problem is... it doesn't come in pink anymore! Gasp! I know! She didn't want navy blue or red. And Daddyman has a white one. So she chose a rose colored one.

Dear Nintendo,

Although I'm thankful you're keeping up with demand and even coming out with new colors, the rose colored DS looks like dirt water compared to her old pink DS. Not the prettiest color... especially for girls... who like PINK. It's not pink. That is all.

Sincerely,
Boo's mom

4 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my goodness. You are too funny.
I can guess where She gets her "drama" training from. :)
Did you get a reply on your rose color complaint????
Thanks for the laugh. Suz

Antique Mommy said...

This made me laugh! I do hope she gets her groove afloat again. :-)

Dawn said...

oH my, I'm so sorry her DS broke. My birthday is coming up and I would like a DS myself. I think maybe it would break up the bordom during the day for me. As if I don't have enough laundry and other house chores to do. Oh yeah, and the Wii too.

I'm glad you found another one...though it be a yucky dirty water red.

Smelling Coffee said...

I would feel your pain if one of these broke in our house, too! So sorry about your loss. :-)