I had 'fun' today. Let me set the stage. I'm at the doctors office.
Flat on my back. I'm not exactly relaxed.
Like I can relax when she's doing that!
But the fact that I couldn't relax wasn't helping and she was having trouble seeing what she needed to see.
And it's not what you're thinking either!
I was at the dentist!!! I like my dentist.
I like her a lot. But she's doing a new screening.
It sounded like a good idea so I went on ahead with it.
I was not a happy girl.
I found out I have a very strong tongue and it doesn't like to be pushed out of the way so a light can be shoved what feels like all the way down my throat.
Imagine that!
A defense mechanism to beingchoked gagged while flat on my back. Who knew!
I sat up after it was finally over and thought to myself....
this is worse than a trip to the gyn!
My girlie doctor will be so proud.
She's moving up!
Flat on my back. I'm not exactly relaxed.
Like I can relax when she's doing that!
But the fact that I couldn't relax wasn't helping and she was having trouble seeing what she needed to see.
And it's not what you're thinking either!
I was at the dentist!!! I like my dentist.
I like her a lot. But she's doing a new screening.
It sounded like a good idea so I went on ahead with it.
I was not a happy girl.
I found out I have a very strong tongue and it doesn't like to be pushed out of the way so a light can be shoved what feels like all the way down my throat.
Imagine that!
A defense mechanism to being
I sat up after it was finally over and thought to myself....
this is worse than a trip to the gyn!
My girlie doctor will be so proud.
She's moving up!
6 comments:
Oh, that gag reflex! That is hard to work around at the dentist's office. I hear ya, sista.
Wow, I didn't think it was possible for there to be a more uncomfortable visit than the GYN! Now I want to schedule that much-needed dental appointment even less! :)
Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. It's always fun to hear from a "lurker". I haven't been blogging much as of late, so thanks for still reading my not-so-frequent posts!
I'll have to come back and read some more about your precious son when I've got time and some Kleenexes nearby. I love how blogging allows us to share the difficulties we face in this life and how our Great God brings us through them!
HA HA! Yeah, you know it's bad when...
Sorry, but you made this so funny. I love my dentist too...but sometimes it is just not fun. I can never relax my tongue...it has a mind of it's own also.
I keep telling them they should add some spa services to my dental work....foot massage, mani etc...it would make it better. Don't ya think?
Suz... my dentist *does* sort of offer 'other services'. She's so cute.. do you want the back massager on.. would you like to turn the channel (it's usually on HGTV or the Food Network when I sit down).. can I get you a bottle of water? Like I said...she's great!
But this new little oral 'c' screen thing is not the funnest thing ever. And it took the tech like 4 tries to get that light waaaay back there in my mouth to see what she wanted to see. And we'd stop. I'd ask her if I could do anything to help her since I can move my tongue around easily and fold it over and stuff like that...but nope. SHE had to move it out of the way and it just did not want to budge. Take a break. Try again. over and over.
I don't need a bottle of water..but a Xanax would be nice!
Oh I don't like going to the dentist. REALLY DON"T like it.
Post a Comment