Today is my birthday. Woop-T-doo to me! I guess I'm not excited to be a year older like I used to be when I was younger.But take a look at that face. This is the best birthday present a girl could ever hope to receive. This is a pic of Bub at only a few days old. And no, we aren't this red in real life. We're more like very white.. since translucent isn't really a color. But there he is! All 8 pounds and 6 ounces of him. And y'all... I ain't all that big a girl. And yeah... my girly doctor wouldn't let me carry him as long as I carried Boo since I tend to make my babies on the porkier side. He was in the oven two weeks less than The Boo who weighed in at 8 pounds 3 ounces!
He came out 'backwards' and that set the tone for his whole little life, bless his heart. Um... yeah... he was breech. But he finally got here after an emergency C-section.
I remember seeing him when I finally 'came to' enough to care. (I had to be knocked out. My epidural.. the one that didn't do so hot during labor..well, it didn't do so hot during an awake C-section either!) He was so pink and beautiful and his skin was so soft and he had hair. We had done it again. We had made a beautiful, perfect baby.
Little did we know what his little short life would hold.
3 comments:
He is beautiful! My son is a little older than he would have been, and we had that VERY SAME SLEEPER!!!
Happy Birthday to you, Kay... I'll be praying for you especially today.
Jennifer
My bad... when I looked back at the picture, that was a blanket - We had a sleeper in the same print as Bub's blanket. :-)
What a week for you. Happy Birthday.
I tell ya... you make some gorgeous babies!!
Post a Comment