Thursday, August 7, 2008

random and abiding

I guess I'm sort of 'random' today. I have several things. Here goes:
  • I learned how to edit Html to fix spacing problems. I finally decided I needed to learn to take care of it myself. And I did! I fixed the issues with yesterday's post. Yay!
  • I learned how to do the strike thing last night, but don't ask me how today. I already forgot. I guess I need another lesson on that! LOL
  • I also got brave enough to try out the bullet list. I don't take to new things, easily. Just so ya' know!

Also, as I wrote yesterday, God's been bringing abiding to my thoughts lately. God has been continually setting that before me. Boo and I went shopping yesterday with a friend and her daughters. It was fun. We had a nice day. But I recall many times while we were out, just longing for Life. Longing just to be still and pray. I didn't feel connected. I wasn't abiding. I was just going through my day. I was having thoughts of God, but I wasn't actively praying. One thing required of abiding is active praying... constantly. While driving... washing dishes... disciplining kids... talking to people. A constant connection with the Father. And it's something He's calling me back to. I've crawled out of His lap too often of late.

I read a little bitty book about abiding that is just wonderful. Written by Andrew Murray (of course!). He's one of my favorite authors. It's called The Secret of God's Love. This book takes the reader step by step, verse by verse through John 15. It's beautiful. For some reason, his books tend to get renamed or republished and the name of the book changes. I hope it's still out by that title now. I also have one of his called Abide in Christ. It is also good, although I haven't read the whole thing yet. If someone would like one, I have one extra of The Secret of God's Love. If you email me with your address, I'll mail it to you for freebies! How's that for fun?

No comments: