Sunday, August 17, 2008

afternoon at the gardens

Saturday it wasn't near has hot as it's been lately. So we decided to head out to our city's public gardens. It's so easy to forget I'm right in the middle of town at the gardens. It really is an urban oasis.
Isn't it gorgeous? So lush and green. It was hard to believe it's been so hot lately when everything is so beautiful. This is my favorite pic of the day. I put it on my desktop!
And there was 'wildlife' too. This little guy wasn't a bit afraid of people. I was in arm's reach of him when I snapped this shot. He was sitting near a fish food dispenser and nibbling on the leftovers. I think I took more pics of the squirrel than I did the landscapes! But he was a cutie!
Boo enjoyed feeding the fish. They could really stir the waters when little pieces of fish food were tossed in. Wow! Survival of the fittest! But amazing... so pretty ... so diverse in color.
We saw this little guy too. Don't know what kind of turtle he is. But he wasn't tiny. We noticed while I was taking the water pics that there were little bitty baby fish swimming in the water too. TONS of them. Some little kids were leaning in trying to catch them. Too funny.
We had a really nice day. It was nice to get out and walk around. Of course, this entailed being 'in nature', which isn't exactly up Boo's alley! She did NOT catch any little baby fish.
Can you say City Girl? I knew you could! : )

1 comment:

Smelling Coffee said...

Beautiful pictures - especially the second one!