I've heard people talk about when they're mad at God. One thing they all say is God is big enough to handle it. That always makes me sad. Yes, I guess in some ways, He can. But it hurts Him. He grieves for them when they don't reach out to Him during their darkest hour. He is there. He wants to take their hand and hold them. But instead they turn their back and with a stuff upper lip declare their anger.
The very thing most of these people want is healing. A broken heart that needs repair. Anger is a secondary emotion. It comes from something else. Many times it comes after being "let down" by God. But by turning their back on Him, they turn away from the ONLY thing that can really heal a broken heart. And then get mad at Him all over again because they can't progress or feel better or whatever the resolution is. And then they blame Him for that too.
Yes, God is big enough to 'handle' their anger, but He's also big enough to take it away and replace it with joy and peace and more love for Him in the process.
I know this to be true. I had to decide if I was going to be mad at God for some things, or go ahead and have a relationship with Him and continue on even though my "story" wasn't coming together the way I had written it. I chose Him. I chose not to be angry. Sad sometimes, yes. But not angry.
In Matthew 5 it says that "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Let Him! "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." He wants to fill us and satisfy that gnawing hunger we have with Himself! "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." What a promise!
Be hungry. Be filled. Let Him do it. He will.
No comments:
Post a Comment