Tuesday, April 29, 2008

from antiques to bananas

There is so much on my mind today. Ah.. I had the most wonderful post in my head to write Sunday afternoon. We had gone antiquing in a small town about an hour away from us on Saturday. It was so pleasant. I thoroughly enjoyed the weather, the atmosphere and looking at all the antiques and 'uniques' that were available. I had all the verses ready and everything! Thoughts on how most of those items had once been treasured belongings of someone who probably is no longer with us...verses about not storing up treasures on earth, but in heaven...I could go on and on. It was quite a lovely post, if I do say so myself.

But it never made it to 'print'.

Sunday morning while we sat in church, the Boo became very sick. She had a headache. I gave her some Tylenol and sent her out to take it. It didn't touch her pain. I got worried fast. We left in the middle of the sermon... sorry 'Pastor J'. I gave her some Advil at home. Still nothing. I immediately said 'we're leaving' and we ran out the door for the children's hospital ER. They quickly ran tests on her to check for a multitude of things... ct, spinal tap (!!!) and blood work. She went from sitting in church and singing and acting normal to looking and acting like she was on death's door in a matter of a couple of hours. We were admitted overnight but all her tests came back negative. Praise God! She began to perk up Sunday night and we were discharged on Monday morning. So thankful to be home and taking care of a slightly ill child with a simple (yet nasty!) 'virus'.

There is so much to say and yet I can't quite put things into words. We are all exhausted and she is home with me today.. this week.. dunno. She will be home until she can move around freely without getting a headache and she returns to her perky self. Daddyman went to work today even though he's wiped out too. I've been scrubbing the house from top to bottom since we got home and I've been making sweets. Banana pudding and banana bread.

I had some bananas laying around. Can you tell? : )

No comments: