I was reading through the Psalms (in order!) in the mornings during the last months of Bubba's life. I did not get to read my Psalm for the morning of the 5th, as we were tied up with dealing with things and phone calls etc. So my morning reading on April 6 came as quite a shock to me. My reading for the 5th would have been Psalm 116. Little did I know what this Psalm held for me on this particular morning... so much of it spoke directly to me!
vs 5 "Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; Yes our Lord is compassionate." Yes, the Father was truly compassionate with us and with our son. He suffered little compared to what we were told to expect. His passing even came as a shock to his doctors and hospice workers because it was so quick! Evvvvveryone was expecting something long and horrendous. Well, thankfully, God had another plan!
vs 7-9 "Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. For you have rescued my soul from death, My eyes from tears, My feet from stumbling. I shall walk before the Lord in the land of the living." I love that... He wants to rescue us from the grips of death...even in the midst of the 'valley of the shadow of death' He wants us to 'walk before the Lord in the land of the living'!
But the best was yet to be.... vs 15 says "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His godly ones." This verse just blew me away! I had read through Psalms before but never noticed this verse before. Precious... I had to be still and let all of that settle in. This was sad to me.. and yet its precious to God? I had not thought of that before....the way God sees a home going. I had thought of that word in regards to myself as an adult, when I finally could see myself as precious in His sight, but then to put that word with losing our son was hard. But quickly I began to see his death in a new light... something precious to God... something beautiful and holy and purposeful and sweet. It was like a personal message from the Father just for *me* to make double-double sure that I knew that our little one was safe in His arms! I could not have timed this or planned it in any way... so amazing and so precious to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment