Thursday, April 10, 2008

the seen and the unseen

What a difference a day makes! I am much better today. No circumstances have really changed, but I have. I am thankful for that. We had a very bad storm in the night and this morning driving to and from school I noticed downed fences, broken power poles, torn trees, branches in the road and general debris. I was reminded again of how awesome our God is. I try not to use the word 'awesome' for anything other than to describe God. He is! We throw words around so much.. that ice cream is awesome.. what an awesome sweater. Really?! No thanks. Only our God is awesome. I was just stunned by how powerful these storms were... and this was nothing compared to the many things we've all seen in the past. But still, it was a not-so-gentle reminder of Who God is! It just brought me to worship Him all the more on the drive home from school this morning. So often, instead of changing, or relieving our surroundings, he wants to change us and in so doing, relieve our distress.... in a different way than we sometimes 'want it' when we are in the thick of things and can only see what is in front of us, instead of the unseen. That's what God wants us to abide in.. the unseen. Thank you God for drawing me in last night and today to abide... to seek the unseen!

No comments: