Saturday, April 19, 2008

phone call

My dad is older and has one of those 'I've fallen and I can't get up' buttons. (different brand) Today a person from that place called me and told me he pushed the button and then didn't respond to them. This happened once before and he was outside picking up pecans. But I couldn't help but have many different images and scenarios running through my head as I drove over to his house to check on him. The idea of walking in and possibly finding him 'not doing so hot' so to speak, bothered me a little. Very un-nerving. Like I said.. many thoughts running through my head during the ride over.

I called a sibling on the way over and learned that Daddy was gonna mow the grass, so I began to think possibly this was another 'pecan thing'.. so my mind stopped racing somewhat. I arrived and found out that he had indeed been mowing the grass and the lawnmower bumped his 'button' and he was totally unaware of any concern he may have caused. So glad he was ok. Been a weird day.

Haven't posted much. Been sick with a cold. Been dealing with emotions and grief and school stuff w/the Boo and 'everything else'. I still don't have a new frig, but mine is holding its own right now. They broke mine trying to deliver it, so I have to wait for them to 'special order' me one. Glad mine is working NOW... something to be thankful to God for! We take everyday conveniences for granted til one of them breaks. I *will* be glad when the new one comes and I can return all the borrowed coolers that are in my dining room.. just in case though!

Have a blessed Sunday!

No comments: