When my husband and I were dating, we went to visit his folks. Nine hours away. We had a nice visit and on the morning we were returning home, they took us to Bob Evans. Fine dining at it's best, folks! Anyhoo... we had some breakfast. After eating, we both made the required pit stops and then we were heading out.
While I was in the ladies room, doing my thing, this little girl came in. I saw her walk by through the crack in the door, and she was pretty young, although my judgements on age were probably pretty far off at that time, since I hadn't had much experience with little kids at that point. Anyway, she was pretty young. So she goes into her stall and I guess she's doing her thing too....
...because next thing you know, I heard ummm exaggerated straining noises and she hollers out "I'm having a baaaaaaabyyyyy!". Cleary this little girl had seen a few too many episodes of 'A Baby Story'. Anyway, I just about died. But then I had to pull it together so I could go and say good-bye to the future IL's and hit the road. I was too embarrassed and mortified to actually tell them what I'd heard in the ladies room, so I kept it in until we hit the road. Then I told hubby-to-be what I'd heard. He and I both died laughing. Years later we finally told his folks about that odd trip to the loo.
You know how sometimes someone else blogs something and it brings something to mind. Well that's what happened here. Angie at Bring the Rain did a post on funny things kids say and even though my children have given me plenty of funny stories over the years, this little story about a girl I don't even know just kept popping into my head over and over. And besides, it's a freebie since my own kids didn't come up with it. So here ya go! Now maybe I can think about something else! LOL
2 comments:
That is a scream. I am so glad you told it here. God bless you!
SO FUNNY! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting today!
Post a Comment