Saturday, October 4, 2008

a miss manners moment

We went to eat dinner tonight at a little Chinese place in a nearby suburb. We eat there pretty often.. so much so that one of the waiter's knows our order before we even sit down. Every now and then we like to mix it up a little bit and get something different.

We were eating and just generally chilling out toward the end of our meal and Boo started bugging Daddyman for some of his Sprite. The two of them have this funny bond between them... the cutting up and general silliness can get pretty bad. (I've been known to say "all right you two...!) Tonight she kept asking and asking for some of his drink. She was drinking water, which she always does because she her tummy can't tolerate a whole carbonated drink order like that. Anyway.. back to the nagging... she kept asking and Daddyman finally put his glass near her but began to take some long sips. I was thinking he's going to drink it all right there in front of her...just for spite. But nope!

He finished his last long sip and then licked around the end of the straw real good and then told her she could have some. She sat there stunned for a second. (At this point, I'm laughing my head off as quietly as I can.) And then she drank the rest of his Sprite. Miss Manners would be sooo proud.

I can see the black tie event invites just pouring in.

No comments: