Monday, October 27, 2008

hand made calendars

Kisses of Sunshine is hosting a carnival today about crafty gift ideas and even though I'm not super crafty, I found a fun one... so fun, I keep one for myself too!


A few years ago I was really having a hard time coming up with an original gift for my IL's. And I got a fun idea. Calendars. Homemade calendars. Homemade scrapbook/personalized calendars. I made them the first year and waited for the reactions. It's been made known to me that I must make these every year. They went over very big! Each year the themes differ, of course. The first year I just used a hodge podge of pictures from the past. Last Christmas season, I used pics from our summer vacation to Colorado. Last year I included a travel guide of sorts with descriptions of each month's photos written out. It was a lot of fun. And of course, since it's scrapbooked, there really aren't any rules. Just have fun!







I will give these tips. I buy my blank scrapbook calendars at Current Catalog for cheap. And I use 8 1/2 by 11 paper turned on it's side and punch a hole in the top centered over the hole in the calendar. I also use some red scrapbook tape that comes on a roll that is the stickiest stuff you've ever seen to adhere my completed pages to the blank calendar page. Easy as pie!


So hop on over to Kisses of Sunshine for more fun ideas!

3 comments:

GiBee said...

Girl, you ROCK! This is an awesome idea!!!!! I love that it is personalized, too... this is a wonderful "Homemade With Love" gift idea!!

Thank you for sharing it -- and NEVER consider yourself "not super crafty" -- just glance up at your calendar to remind you that you ARE super crafty!

Well done!

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

I have heard of several people doing this and it is a wonderful idea.

Oh. the time. it escapes me.

:(

applesofgold said...

I started doing a scrap book calendar for my mother for Christmas 4 years ago. Problem is, she loved it so much...she EXPECTS one every year. Now my sister wants one, and so does my husband's mother. 12 months X 3 calandars...omg. I have got to get working on this year's calendars! I just had a baby not too long ago, so I hope I can complete them in time! Oy!