There is so much going on right now. Death. People are sick. There are hurting and lost ones all around us. I could go on and on. The list of prayer requests is about as long as my arm. It can be overwhelming. And all these people need prayer.. all these people need to know and feel His presence in a real way.
And yet so do I.
I can't pray *for* anything unless I've just prayed to pray. I know I need more of Him to be of any use in the prayer room. So often we.. and I do mean I... can come before God with my list of stuff. The sick people. The people who are hurting. The ones who need Him. And that is good. But not until I've come before Him myself. For myself. Not to ask for anything, but just to worship and listen and just be.
And it's very often in these times He chooses to reveal His will regarding 'the list' and then praying for others is more effective.
Father, please help me to be still and listen. To be willing to wait for what you want to say, rather than say "I think I'm feeling what you want" or whatever we say when we're in a rush. I know you are always speaking and always wanting us to hear. Please help me to just be.
No comments:
Post a Comment