Here's what I use:
chicken breasts
lemon, cut in large slices
fresh bay leaves - I omit those sometimes
onion, sliced
olives - I use green
Thyme - I use dry... SHE would use fresh, though
Garlic cloves - I use powder most of the time
EVOO, salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 450. I usually do all the chopping and put it all in a plastic container in the frig, so when it's time to make dinner, I can dump it all in and be done fast! Put the chicken in a baking dish. Put everything else on top. Mix it real good with your hands til the EVOO covers the ingredients so they roast well. Cook for about 50 minutes. This one cooked 50 and I think it could of come out at 45.
When I saw "you-know-who" make hers on TV, she made a little roux with flour and EVOO and added chicken broth to make a gravy. She added some thyme and some lemon juice right at the end. I've done this with fingerling potatoes and broccoli or a salad.
It is very good and super easy. Not a single thing to measure! Love it! For more yummy things, visit Saturday Stirrings at www.ithrowlikeagirl.com
2 comments:
Hi Kay~ Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - you are my first "official" comment leaver that I don't know! :-) I enjoyed reading your blog, and think I just might make your chicken dish this week!
May the Lord bless you and your family... Jennifer
This looks great! I love Rachael Ray recipes because she always makes me feel like I can cook like her! Thanks for sharing it at Saturday Stirrings!
Post a Comment