Saturday, July 12, 2008

what is your best thought?

I've been digging through music I haven't listened to in a while. I found a Selah cd of hymns and plopped it in the van to listen while I ran errands last night and today. There is so much to ponder. They're so rich! I didn't get very far into the cd, since I was running around close to home. But what I did hear was delicious and thought provoking.

I was listening to and singing along with (don't even go there.. I'm no singer! Only in the car. By myself! lol) Be Thou My Vision and there was a phrase about "thou my best thought, by day or by night, thy presence my light" and I just stopped singing. I have so many thoughts throughout the day.. I *am* a girl after all.. and thinking and talking.. well it's just what we do. But my BEST thought?! It really stopped me in my tracks. Sometimes the Father can be an after thought or occupy a small portion of my thinking when there are other 'pressing matters'. My heart and my thought 'life' suffer because of it and I wonder why I'm not where I ought to be etc.

Sadly.

But I am always in the front of His thoughts. He should always be in the front of mine. And I should be listening to Him in my thoughts and prayers as I go about these 'pressing matters' that cloud up and occupy so much of my time some days.

What other thought is more worthy to be my best thought than He is?!

No comments: