Thursday, July 17, 2008

say cheese!

I feel real old. I took Boo to have her portrait done today. Haven't done that in years! I've just relied on school pictures, which for the most part, are pretty good. And they do a 'spring portrait' at her old school that was more posed with props, backgrounds etc and they always did a bang up job, so I never bothered. Well the ones from this past spring weren't so hot. So it left me without any cute pics of my girl. And she's growing up and turned 13 and I just thought it would be a fun day if we made a special thing out of it and it was 'her day'. I gave her a mini pedi yesterday in preparation for her big day. And today I did a mini facial and lightly did her makeup. She looked natural and beautiful and she had a BLAST!

But my, how things have changed. Back in the olden days (sigh!) you did the sitting, came back to look at proofs and then came back on another day and picked up your prints. Well not so today! I have come into the new millennium, y'all... and I love it!

We went to Picture People at the mall. It was great. There was no stodgy old guy behind the camera that he had to crank up and get adjusted. Remember the days?! Nope! It was a young girl with a hand held digital camera. It felt more like a 'photo shoot' than a portrait sitting. And Boo LOVED it! She was a natural! I was worried she would be stiff or odd, but not so!

Every. single. shot. was. amazing. I had a hard time picking and choosing what I wanted.

But it gets better, girls! After I picked, I waited for about 15 minutes and they had my order printed and ready to go... framed and everything. It was amazing... especially since the last time Boo had her picture done, it was at Walmart when she was 7. 'nuff said. Those 'Walmart Specials' are cute and one is sitting right in front of me at my desk... but THESE... they are something to behold. A thing of beauty.

Can't wait for Daddyman to get home so he can see what he bought today!

1 comment:

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

How fun. My princess always loves having her picture made. Of course, for some reason I went and found the most expensive guy in town when she was a baby and we've used him ever since... he went totally digital within the last few years. We still go back to see the proofs and stuff, but it is amazing what he can do with them now.

Anyways... welcome to the new century. Just wait until we start digi scrapping!!