We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Boo was off for her Easter break, so Friday she and I had a girls day out kinda thing. I took her to see the Hannah Montana Movie. Which we loved! Is it ok for an old lady like me to like a movie for teenagers?? I hope so. It was cute and sweet and well done.
And it was also a complete pleasure just to shut real life out for a little bit too. : )
We found out over the weekend that a girl from my daughter's former school was killed in an auto accident. Boo didn't know this girl, other than recognizing her name. We looked her up in the yearbook so we could both recall her correctly, for sure.
So sad. It shook my daughter up some just because kids aren't supposed to die. Like I need any help with that lesson! But still it's hard for kids to take these things in.
Overall 'things' are still pretty stressful... but I'm doing ok.
Life is just a mix right now.
5 comments:
I haven't seen the HM movie yet, but parts of it were filmed here, and a friend's kids were extras in it. Also have another friend whose husband co-wrote "God Bless the Broken Road," which was part of the soundtrack. So I NEED to see it!
So sad about the girl who was killed.
So sorry to hear about this young girl losing her life so early...that is such a shame and my heart hurts for the families.
How can we ever prepare our kids for such things, when we can't ourselves? I suppose that is a forever unansered question.
Glad you had a day with her...I have heard the movie was cute. I was talked into Monsters VS aliens..cute, but the 3D part hurts MY OLD EYES. :)
Take care...one day at a time.
Jill- yep you need to see the movie...since you've got some history there. It's much prettier there than it is in MY neck of the 'woods' (suburbs)! LOL
Suz- When we got to the theater, the guy handed us 3D glasses. He thought we were seeing Monsters vs Aliens. So we put them back. 3D stuff isn't my favorite...esp for a full length movie. My eyes are old too! : )
HM was one of Katie's all-time favorites, so I think I'm going to avoid it for now...too hard. I'm glad to hear it was good, though.
Praying that things will get less stressful, and glad that you know that He is holding you through it.
been thinking about you & that anniversary of yours... i'm glad you had the opportunity to get away from it all for just a bit.
it hurts my heart that your daughter has had to learn so much about death... my niece has had more than her fair share, too. makes life seem all that much more fragile.
(by the way,even though your comments are closed on the new post- i love your reference to His and not His... it struck my heart!)
Post a Comment