I can't really decide where today's post is 'going' or what I really want to say. I just have something on my mind and I feel like I need to get it out, if that makes any sense.
Anyhoo....
I've been inundated with emails of late regarding all these tea parties that have been going on. Now granted, I'm all for what these people are trying to achieve. But... and this is a big but here....
Is this what we really need to be about as Christians? I can't help but think that Jesus wasn't political.
And also, more importantly, what if someone were to turn away from God or decide they don't want to have anything to do with Him because of these political agendas. That makes me sad, because when it's all said and done, there will be no republican, or democrat... or even independent. Just His and not His. God is going to accomplish what He wants to do through the prayers of His people. God is the one responsible for changing hearts. Not necessarily activism.
I so often wish the energy the church pours into these political events could/would be poured into seeking His face and yearning to further His name and work to those who need Him. That is all.
Anyway..that's my two cents worth-for what it's worth. Less than a penny these days. See, I'm more 'on your side' than you think. : )
Carry on, folks! Like I said... I know this isn't an eloquent post by any stretch of the imagination, but this is just something that is bothering me. I fundamentally agree with the cause of these protests, just not the raising of this movement to almost equate it with some sort of spiritual fervor and the militancy Christians have attacked this with. And the potential harm to the kingdom of God because of it.
***comments closed on this post***
No comments:
Post a Comment