Sometimes I wonder why they think every girl is on the cheer leading squad. I've seen so many cheer shirts. Do the math... a very small percentage of girls make the squad. Do all those other girls want to wear cheer shirts? Really?
And then if they don't say something about cheer on them, they have a rock band looking graphic on them. The other day I saw this shirt and I was thinking 'oh this one is kinda cute, it's got pink on it' and then I stopped and thought 'wait a minute...those are skulls!'. Yes, pink skulls! Um...ick, people!
And I don't want her shirt to say something crude either. Too hot to handle. Kiss this! I'm not listening. I'm a diva. Whatever. It's all about me. No wonder kids think they run the world and it should revolve around them. Head's up, girlfriend, it doesn't!
And then there is the thing with the low rider jeans. I would like there to be less space from the top of the pants to her belly button than what is currently available. We try on clothes and I wonder how they're gonna stay on. They don't even hit anywhere natural or normal. I'm not a prude... at least I don't think I'm a prude! I love my jeans and capris that hit below the belly button. But a tad below the belly button. A tad is not inches!
I must say that I have seen some cute stuff. But you do have to hunt for it. Those slender tshirts can be cute. And since my daughter is the size of a twig, they actually fit her without being overly tight...sometimes. I have no idea what moms do for shirts if their daughter has a little meat on her bones. The shirts often look like they're spray painted on. ugh.
Hello... Lands End??
5 comments:
You are so right on SO many points here. I get the cheer thing and the rocker thing. (although my little rebel linds loves pink skulls.uuughghhh)
I loathe the rude tshirts too. I always wondered why some teens thought they ruled the world, but I did not put 2 and 2 together like you!!!
My girls are also the size of a twig, but most of their friends are not and that does not stop them from wearing stuff TOOO small...geeze.
Oh, I am with you on Land's End, for sure! I used to order from their kids' sale selection a lot (I am so short that I can even buy some of that stuff!). Both boy and girl clothes, very tasteful, well-made and good fabric! Does Boo like their stuff? They have DARLING tops, dresses & skorts.
Have you ever tried the "Title Nine" website/catalog? It is a terribly expensive line, but they have such cute, feminine and sporty clothes and healthy, athletic body images...I shop for SALE only there! And "Athleta" is another one I love, but Miss Boo may be too petite for them, yet. Good luck!
I don't understand half of what teens are wearing now, and I'm only 28!
Suz... I'm glad the skulls work for somebody. : )
OHMYGOSH.
My daughters and I fuss and fight about cloths all the time.
Beth thinks jeans have to be so tight they look painted on, and that low cut shirts are OK. Nawt!
Post a Comment