Thursday, April 9, 2009

frozen toes and walmart

Today has been crazy. Good crazy after all the stressful things that have gone on this week. Boo only had a half day of school today and she's out tomorrow for an Easter break. But it wasn't exactly a thrilling day. She's been complaining of one of her toes hurting. I finally looked at it after just trying to tell her she had a kink in it or that she was being overly dramatic and discovered she had an oddball looking little warty thing on her toe. I felt sorta bad that I didn't realize something else was going on a little sooner.

Mom of the year!

So I took her to the pedi today and she doesn't have just one little warty thing. But two. Same spot on both feet. Great. Make that Mom of the year trophy a little bigger please! So we discussed various way of handling it and what to do etc. Would we just medicate or freeze them or what? We decided to try and freeze the tinier one and medicate the larger one. Freezing it hurts. But it jump starts things little bit so we don't have to do a big routine on two toes. Just one. That sounded great to me. So we decided to freeze the one toe. Did I mention that it hurts a little bit? Somebody polish the brass and engrave my name bigger on the trophy please!

So we froze her toe. Big fun. It's weird because it crackles after she does it, kind of like ice melting in a glass of water. You're welcome! For the record, I'm feeling a little bit bad about the freezing now that it's over. That toe is pretty sore. So much for being mom of the year.

So I bandaged and cleaned and medicated and covered etc and we're good to go until morning. When I have to undo all of that and get it ready for the day. And we'll do that for..oh.. about the next hundred years. And then probably end up seeing the podiatrist anyway.

One of the advantages to this whole toe fiasco was having to made a supply run after her doctor's appointment. I thought we'd try Walmart instead of Walgreens because I can find the pharmacy items much easier at Walmart. Strange, isn't it? The place with pharmacy at the end of it's name is a great place for greeting cards or teddy bears or coffee mugs or Snuggie's... but the drugs are hard to find. That little rant was thrown in just for freebies!

So anyway, we went to Walmart. And we didn't just look at bandaids. I've been having fits trying to find her some cute little tshirts that don't break the bank. Honestly, when I checked out some 'high dollar' juniors stores the other day, most of what was on the rack looked more beat up than what I can buy for $2.50 at Goodwill. So when I found a few cute little tops, I felt pretty good. And she was with me, so we could make a quick run to the dressing room so I wouldn't be making yet another run for returns. I've done nothing but buy and return this whole week. Not a favorite hobby of mine, lemme tell ya!


This one is cute! I found this one for her last week at Walmart.
That's why she's wearing it already! But isn't it cute?!
Love Chip 'n Dale!




And these two are cute. One has Mickey Mouse cartoons drawn on it

and the other is a cute little sleeveless top with ruffly

things on it.




And these two are cute too. Bubble gum is a constant for her.

And the Tinkerbell shirt made us laugh..even though

in my opinion it's pushing the limit as far as sass!





And the pink one is about Sweet Tarts. We looove those!
And the Snoopy tshirt came from Kohls! I have a love/hate relationship with
Kohls and tend to avoid it. It feels like shopping at Marshalls...or is it Ross? Very
messy and disorganized. But sometimes you uncover something
cute! : )


She's mentioned that she'd like to go to 'those mall stores', but she was just as happy with these cute little shirts that are just as silly as the mall tshirts and only cost $7. So there ya go.
Everybody's happy!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

you know, walmart has really great junior-y kind of things. i have struggles for years with the whole junior clothes thing! and i am just thankful that my daughter is not fighting me... she'd rather be more covered than not! i think you found some great stuff :)

and don't stress about your trophy being slightly tarnished... if it hadn't been the wart it would've been something else... don't i know! seems like there are weeks when nothing goes the way i planned...

Busy Bee Suz said...

Those shirts are so cute...love the SNOOPY one. I would wear that!!!
Mom of the year?
hello, I already won that award last summer when we ignored Lo's complaints about her wrist hurting..yes and we let her play about 75 softball games and then about 15 volleyball practices before we got an MRI and realized she had fractured her wrist!!!
My plaque is very pretty. ;)

Dawn said...

Can't beat Wal*Mart.

Jill said...

Well, she would have the warts whether you noticed it right away or not. That DOESN'T make you a bad mom. Most of the things kids (and adults) complain about are little problems that will go away on their own.

I buy a lot of T-shirts at Wal-Mart too. Why pay a lot for something to just be comfortable in?

Gberger said...

Very cute purchases, very $$savvy. Way to go!