Tuesday, March 31, 2009

inspired by...

Today's post is inspired by... a post I just read over at

Day by Day...My Life as a Busy Bee.

Thanks Suz for the idea!

The well has been running dry lately and

I guess I've stooped to stealin' ideas now. oh well.
Anyhoo...


A few years ago we went to Colorado Springs for our vacation. We had a

wonderful time. One of the things I was most excited about was the

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. It's a gorgeous zoo and we had a blast.

One of Miss Boo's favorite things were the giraffes.


And feeding them.

With her bare hands.

Pretty cool, huh?!



I'll bet you're wondering what in the world this has to do with Suz. Well...

I'm getting to that part. She did a post or two about

taking Flat Caroline out and getting some pics with her.

I'd heard of Flat Stanley before and knew this chick

had to be related. We've never been given a

Flat Whoever assignment, so we decided to make up our own

not-so-flat photo op. Boo loved the giraffes at the zoo so she bought a

cute little stuffed giraffe at the zoo's gift shop and appropriately

named him Crackers, after the crackers she fed the giraffes

at the zoo.


First we tried it like this.

Here Crackers is sitting on top of the Will Rogers

Shrine of the Sun that's on the zoo's property.

It's gorgeous up there!

It had better be since I about lost a lung climbing the

gumpteen zillion steps to the top of that silly thing!

This pic turned out cute.

But still it wasn't a favorite.




Leave it to the hubs to come up with this one!

This silly photo makes me smile every time I see it. It's just

so stinkin' cute! Don'tcha think?!



I can't see...put another quarter in!

7 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love those pictures!!! Hey, it is not stealing...we are all giving each other ideas all the time.
I love this idea w/ Crackers. Have you taken him anywhere else????
I think you should...even to walmart would be fun for him.
BTW, I love giraffes too...they are so cute.
Tomorrow is my final post about Flat Caroline....then she is off on another exciting trip....

Jill said...

You should enter that in a photography contest; that's really clever (and cute)! ( :

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness. How funny!

Years ago, during a particularly rough stretch of career road for my hubby, I bought him a rather large stuffed dog, a bloodhound, he promptly named Fred. Well, Fred went everywhere with him, and soon became a much-loved family member with his own place at the dinner table. The kids (teens) took him outdoors to play, and even made certain he visited the bathroom periodically.

Now I've got to see if I can dig up some old Fred photos.

Crack me up!
Kathleen

Elizabeth Symington said...

Hi Kay,
Thanks for visiting my site and commenting on bringing in traffic. I really appreciate it. Your kiddos are adorable!

take care,

Tonya said...

Now that was TOO cute! I remember a story that I've heard my parents tell about taking me to the zoo when I was a little girl. Only my story was quite different. They said I kept my hands in my pockets because I thought the giraffes would EAT them! HA!! (I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN a dork!) Hehehe

Dawn said...

this is really cute!!! and funny... because we have "Jed." the class pup (i hate to say stuffed, since he is a part of our family...) that our son got to bring home from 2nd grade. that summer Jed has his picture taken all over the country as my kids traveled with their grandparents! and four years later, Jed is still living in the lap of luxury!

Antique Mommy said...

Y'all are funny.

I dropped my camera in the elephant enclosure at safari world or whatever its called in San Diego and AD went in and got it for me. It was late in the day and no one else was around. Is that evidence? That I just type that? When we fed the giraffes yesterday I was taking some pictures and he said if I dropped my camera in, it was a goner