Tuesday, June 10, 2008

what's in a name?


Without further ado... here is our crazy, lazy cat, Annabelle. Excuse the unmade bed. She was curled up on the Boo's bed and I just had to snap a shot of her. Just too cute with the stuffed kitty next to her like that.

We named her Annabelle because she was the most beautiful kitten we had ever seen and we thought she deserved a beautiful name. So Annabelle it was! She's acquired several nicknames over the years... Stinkerbell (my personal favorite), Annasmell (She doesn't smell. It's just funny), Smellybelly, AB, Dumb Cat and the ever popular... Cat. Witty, huh?!

We got her for our daughter, Boo and she was supposed to be HER cat. But she decided she liked my husband the best. She attacks me for walking across the room and merely tolerates the Boo. Poor Boo. But we still love her to death. She's so cute we just want to smoosh her to pieces sometimes.

She's so not into that! Sometimes a (nick) name can be very telling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay,

Thanks for the comment. I will have to check out the health food stores when I run out of my Spike stash. I think it will probably be around for a little while. The UPS man just made his delivery.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay,

I found your blog from your comment on Angie's site, (Bring the Rain).

I'm so blessed you decided to blog! Welcome to blogland.

I was so sad to read about your son. You were so encouraging to Angie.

My son is a brain cancer survivor. He is a patient at St. Jude. (still goes for check ups). He was dx at 16. He's now 22!

Sadly, most of my closest friends have lost children to cancer now.

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.

Your blog is precious and your cat is beautiful, I must agree! We have a cat that rules our home!

Blessings♥