We had a wind storm yesterday. I guess that's what they call it. It went from sunny and hot to dark and a little cooler, but very windy quickly. I turned from the computer in the kitchen.. imagine that... and looked out the dining room window to notice the severe shift in the weather. I immediately turned on tv to see if there were weather bulletins or anything and then continued to watch out the window. One time I heard a snap and a thud and a limb fell across my neighbor's little shed and over the fence into my yard. I wondered if the new renter there has called the owner about what to do about the tree.
I made turkey meatloaf for dinner last night. We usually eat about half of it and I freeze the other half for lunches. Yummy lunches. It freezes well. But last night I had a strong 'urge' to call a friend and see if she and her husband would like it for dinner... since there was about 'that much' left. Anyhoo... I called her and she said to bring it right over. So I put it in freezable, disposable containers and ran out the door.
I didn't stay long. When I got home, my neighbor was in his front yard, so I decided I'd ask him about the limb. He talked to me about the limb and some other things and in the course of the conversation, I learned they just went through something terrible. They are pretty much in shock mode right now and struggling to understand this. There is so much need there.
I came back in the house pleased (??) with myself for listening to His prompting to give away my meatloaf and wanting to pray about this family's problems. But then it hit me.... would I have heard Him had He just said "go outside and talk to your neighbor"? I don't know. It made me sad that I wasn't sure.
I have come a ways with God, but I have a ways to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment