Today we were standing in church singing songs and Boo put her hands on me because she was cold. So I decided to just hold her hands and hug her while we sang. She's getting older but her petite hands feel much the same way they did when she was two or three.
I'm so glad I can hold her hands today. I'm so glad she still wants me to.
The tops of her hands are so soft and fluffy feeling even though my little bean-pole doesn't have an ounce of fat on her. (I would be GLAD to donate!) I was reminded of little Bubba and how I would hold his hands walking down hallways or isles in stores etc and the fluffy feeling on the tops of his hands. (you'd think they were related or something!) I remember knowing I wouldn't get to hold his hands much longer and rubbing them while I held his hands and trying to memorize how that felt. Mmmmm.... I can still remember! : )
I enjoyed rubbing Boo's hands today. She is so special. But she's growing up.... I wonder how much longer she'll let me hold her hands?
No comments:
Post a Comment