Saturday, May 10, 2008

sewing

I went to the fabric store the other day to get some things to make a skirt and some shorts. I tried the skirt pattern earlier and it fit so I was getting more fabric to make another skirt and some material to try out the shorts pattern enclosed in the same envelope. I figured out how much fabric I needed and told the lady who was cutting it out. In the course of our friendly conversation she tells me...

"I don't know how to sew and I've never seen a pattern before." (actually.. that's not a quote, but its close enough for you to get the gist of things) I just about died. I'm sure the expression on my face was priceless! LOL Remember.. she is the lady that measures and cuts the fabric at the craft store! whatever.

So... I am working on my shorts tonight. Its been weird. I haven't made shorts much and the pattern called for some crazy origami folding etc to get it to look like shorts toward the end. No instructions on that part. Finally figured that out. And I was holding them up for the Boo to see since she had been watching the metamorphosis take place. Her response?

"Oh wow! Those are big!" gee thanks. Happy Mother's Day to me!

No comments: