Wednesday, May 7, 2008

and the beat goes on

We saw it at the hospital when the Boo had her little headache thing. Sick kids. I know what happens on every floor at the hospital and as the elevator passed each floor, I would think of what kind of sick kids were there. The hospital is always close to capacity. There can't be that many sick kids?! Oh yes, there are! Its something I know in the back of my mind all the time.

I got an email and found out another kid is sick. Its always happening. Another family is getting the awful news that will turn their world upside down. Another child losing the innocence and carefree nature of childhood and replacing it with scans, pokes, chemo and hospitals. I could go on and on with that train of thought, but I will spare us all from it. It's just sad.

And the beat goes on....

No comments: