I survived 'the big day'... Mothers Day. We didn't do much of anything special. The hubs and the Boo gave me a silly card with a cat on it. We went to Sunday School but not worship. I think I 'do' better without all the outside fussing over this day. There are always the inevitable corny poems, jokes etc regarding the day and I guess when I've grieved the loss of one of mine, I am just not in the mood for it sometimes. I know there are several mothers at my church who have lost little ones and sometimes I wonder how THEY feel about it all.
Sometimes I don't feel like most mothers...
Most mothers have never had to wait and pray for test results that could spell out the end of their child's life.
Most mothers have never had to shave their child's head because of chemo. Well.. I didn't do it. I made Daddyman do it. But I bought the shaver for the occasion.
Most mothers have never had to wear gloves to change a diaper or clean up after their child.
Most mothers have never had to wonder how long their child was going to live after being given 'the final diagnosis' of terminal.
Most mothers have never had to write a gravestone message for her family and the occasional stranger to read.
Most mothers don't have all their child's worldly belongings packed into some Rubbermaid crates in the closet, except for a few items in the china cabinet and family pictures scattered about.
I say all of that and yet it wasn't a sad day. It was just a day. And that's really all it is anyway. Another day. I am still the mom of two great kids, no matter what day it is. One of my kids can still give me hugs and cards.
The other one can't.
No comments:
Post a Comment