Saturday, May 3, 2008

the fabric store

I went to the fabric store last night. I was commenting to myself that I had not been in there in about a year as I walked in the door. I used to sew a lot, but I haven't in recent years. I was on the hunt for some fabric to make a skirt. I found the fabric, but I also found some CUTE kitty cat fabric and I just kept running my fingers over it. Darn Boo! She's growing up and no longer interested in wearing dresses with kitties on them. I used to make some of her simple summer dresses and yes, she did have one with kitties on it.

When she was six.

But not anymore. She would still think its cute, but then politely decline! I was standing there eyeing and fingering the fabric and telling myself to 'pull it together sister!' and move on... no kitty fabric! My little girl is growing up.

Of course, I was also checking out some real cute fabric for a July 4th themed skirt...one of them had stars and inside each one, it looked like little flags, and a little country looking. Soooo cute. And then I saw another similar fabric, but inside each star was a Peanuts character. I stared at that one for a long time. Sooo cute! Another 'pull it together woman!' moment! I finally decided it looked like pajamas and let it be.

I just bought one piece. Its blue and has large daisies on it. I've got white tops that will work with it, IF it fits when I made it. This fabric looks like a tablecloth.

I guess that's better than pajamas...especially if I plan on wearing it out in public... or to church. (nobody wears pajamas to church!)

No comments: