Wednesday, May 14, 2008

burials

I read a story on FoxNews..national (!!!) about a boy in our area that died of an illness that is rarely fatal.

This afternoon is the memorial service. This morning it was very rainy and dark.. a very sad and gloomy day. I was so sad for this family when I thought about them having to sit at the cemetery in the dark, if the weather continued like that all day. That broke my heart. What could be a sadder picture, in more ways than one?! Well, Praise God, the sun is shining now. I had to run a small errand and noticed the sky is blue, the gentle breeze is blowing and its a gorgeous day out. It took me back...

....to another day when we buried our son. The weather had been very rainy that morning. We had wanted to bury him in the morning, but it couldn't be arranged, so we went with a 2pm service. I was so thankful for the delay. It became a gorgeous day. The sky was blue, the breezes gentle and the birds were singing. Sometimes I can't believe I was that aware of my surroundings that day. But I was! I was aware of God's Spirit blowing over me and pouring down on me during the burial service. It was and is a very special (and personal.. until blogging came along lol) thing to me! I am praying this grieving family will find a measure of God's Spirit today in the sun and the breeze as He warms and blows over them, too.

No comments: