Sunday, January 24, 2010

not fun and fun

I feel like I literally have nothing to say right now.  Life is nuts. I returned my washer and dryer.  Looong story involving how strangely products are made these days.  An example…my washing machine that had a ‘normal’ cycle, a ‘casual’ cycle and a ‘delicate’ cycle.  And the only difference in the three is how long the machine agitates. NOT how hard or gently it does it.  I looked inside my machine while it was working and knew it would tear up anything truly ‘delicate’, so I send them both back.  My dryer door made such a shrill sound when I opened or closed it, I had to wear ear protection to keep from getting a headache, which I’m prone to with very loud noises. I could go on and on….! *sigh* I also wasn’t thrilled with some things that were done in the whole process.  There isn’t a point in going into it so I’ll just say…

… tomorrow I’m getting a new pair from a different store.  The lady that waited on me there was actually knowledgeable about the machines and could answer any question I had, rather than saying ummm a lot and reading the same little card above the appliance that I can read for myself.  Hoping the saga ends tomorrow.  You. Have. No. Idea. how NOT FUN this has been!

***awkward non-existent segway segue way segue***

I’m working on pix for our Disney trip. I’ve been looking forward to scrapbooking them since we took our trip. I used the blog (under the travel label) to remind myself of what we did on what day and even remembered some things I had forgotten.  I think it will be fun. I was given some pre-made pages (add your own pix) in a Disney theme that are 8 by 8. I’ve never scrapbooked on pages smaller than 12 by 12. And the photos can seem huge. So! *squeal* Somebody told me that at Sams Club you can print out wallet sized prints… and with some fancy maneuvering of the photos on the screen there in the store, you only have to print one of each pic. So you get two photos on one 3.5 by 6 piece of photo paper. There is a small piece to slice off at the bottom and they have to be cut apart, of course. But they will be very cute in my little book.  I’m hoping to find pix of some of the things I didn’t get pictures of and have those printed to fill in a couple of gaps of attractions we don’t want to forget!  I think it will be a FUN little project. 

4 comments:

Dawn said...

kay- i have felt like i had nothing to say all week! and i keep wracking my brain... i might have something soon! i sure hope your new new w&d will be so much better! and your disney scrapping sounds fun. working on laura's book made me kinda wanna take some of my photos out again!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The washer/dryer scenario does not sound fun. Scrapbooking is FUN FUN FUN.
As long as we find some fun here and there, then all will be bearable.
Good luck with your new ones...
Suz

Gberger said...

SO sorry about the appliance debacle, but very glad to hear that you are getting it sorted out. I hope the new pair will be a success. Scrapbooking is not fun for me, but looking at the finished product is!

Jill said...

Sorry about your washer and dryer trials. ) :

I did an 8 X 8 scrapbook for my in-laws for Christmas, and it WAS a challenge to fit the photos in. I kind of did what you are doing (scale them down to wallet size), but I did it manually on my computer. I also cropped a lot of them with scissors. The good thing about it was that I could print my own background pages on my computer, since they would fit on 8-1/2 X 11 paper -- I did that with a couple of the photos. You can also enlarge a pattern or texture to match your pictures (i.e. Minnie's polka dots) and make that your background.