Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First Random of the new year

1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?  I would say a 4 or a five, depending on the situation.  Maybe a 2 in others.  It’s strange how big things can happen and sometimes they go right over my head, but something silly might go all over me.  I know.. strange.


2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response? I try not to think about my response, as much as listen to them. But of course, at some point they expect a response, so there is a little bit of that too.

 
3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?  We already did.  Cleaned out my email box. I had kept emails from the dark ages and ppl I don’t even email anymore.  G.O.N.E.  And we did some other cleaning over the holidays. Felt so good!


And now, here are some brilliant questions from a gal named Angie at Angie's Ad Lib who graciously offered to let me borrow her brain. Please go over and see Angie because it was so nice of her to help me out. Thank you so much, Angie!
4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?
  Soap and deodorant.  Perfumes can stir up my asthma. : (


5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?  Keep up.


6. What is your favorite comic strip?   Peanuts, Far Side


7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?  We are verrrry particular about pillows at our house. Very!  We each bought two pillows at the Sleep Number Store when we bought our bed. (I’m a 45)  One of them is a memory foam pillow, which is firmer. And then there’s a very soft, squishy one also.  It’s always drama when we go to hotels to try to find pillows that ‘work’ for us both.  And there is always a lot of flipping going on… to get to the cold side. I even bought regular pillow cases to go with my flannel sheets because I can’t find a cold side on flannel. (Lands End)


8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?  It’s yellow. So is my dining room and living room. They are connected. The decorator and I picked the color. And before you get all la-t-da on me…. she was a mom from my daughter’s school and she did decorating part time at the time and charged by the hour. I think I spent a grand total of one hour with her and did the rest on the fly, but according to things we had discussed.


9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?  I don’t like bumper stickers.


10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)  I have a Pilot pen that I loooooove. It’s not super cheap, but it’s not ridiculous either.


11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?  I like dusting with my swiffer dusting wand thingy.  Um… other than that my chores pretty much feel like chores. lol


12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?  I can’t think of anything, right off the top of my head.  But my mother in law always tells her kids to “be good, be careful, and have fun”. And they reply “never, never and always” and out the door they go.

To check on the random, hop on over to Lid’s place at 2nd Cup!

9 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Very cute Kay. And the only chores for me that don't feel like chores are NOT chores. :)
I like what you MIL says to the kids...well I love what their response it. cute.

Gberger said...

Love the quote from you MIL and her kids! Shows they all have a sense of humor.
Yellow is a wonderful color, especially in a GRAY climate like ours...we have lots of yellow in our house, too. Does it make your house seem hot since you're in the South?
I confess I have a special perfume. It's only available on-line and in France, which makes me feel it's EXTRA special (plus, you know I'm part French, so it's really "me"). I wear it every day, and it's the ONLY one I've worn for the past 10 years!

Wade's World said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only pillow flipper in the blog-o-sphere! I hate a hot pillow!

Angie said...

All three of the same rooms are yellow at my house. We have a dark house so I livened it up with yellow. It makes me happy.

Love the mil saying. My family would love it.

Jill said...

I always take my (feather) pillow with me when I travel, not just for the pillow itself, but the satin pillowcase is important to me too.

My mom always said "Be careful." I always make fun of her for being a worrywart, but now I find myself saying "Be careful" all the time to those I love.

Kim said...

#5 made me laugh

Actually, quite a few made me laugh :-)

I can relate to #7; we've bought about every pillow on the market for my poor hubby and we still haven't found one that works all the time. He kinda goes back and forth between two.

Joyce said...

I loved #12-I think Be careful is every mother's mantra : )

Cheryl Barker said...

I'm particular about my pillow, too. Even take mine with me when I travel, if at all possible. I've actually packed my pillow in my suitcase before :)

Cathy said...

Hubby and the kids all take their pillows with them when they travel. That leaves most all the hotel pillows for me!!! lol