Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Random Dozen

1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?  My hair is sort of 80’s/90’s and I’ve been trying to grow it out, but I have a hair appointment on  Thursday. I think I might have given up on it.  I don’t like flat hair on me…. so what decade is that?


2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?  I dunno.  I used to make this chicken casserole thingy. It’s super easy and I got the recipe from my MIL.  I’ve made it for just about everybody we know.. either when they came over or when they had a baby or something.  I don’t make it much anymore. It has cream soup in it and we don’t do that very much these days.  But I knew of a friend who’s husband asked me to bring it to them again just for funzies.


3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?  Get out. Change my surroundings, if I can. Read my Bible. Pray.


4. When was the last time you danced in public? Ummm… oh yeah.. never.


5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer? I think I used to dream more, but now I am more of a realist.  And sometimes that makes me sad. I guess I just had to adjust the dreams a bit as time has gone on.


6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well? I dunno. Ask me in ten years. LOL


7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show? Gosh.. how to pick!  Probably Andy. He was a patient and wise parent.


8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?  Probably not enough.


9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?  Texters, cell phone talkers, makeup put-er on-ers, tailgaters, speeders. A petty one is the back into the parking space person.  That drives me nuts. They take up the whole parking lot while they maneuver their car around to back in. : p

  
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate? Yesterday… dark gray.  Is that the color of PMS? I feel better now, so PINK!  : )


11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?  I dunno.  That’s a weird one, Lid!


12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?  Cleaning. Laundry, Kitchen stuff.  Computer stuff blogging.

Check out more answers at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

7 comments:

Wade's World said...

I'm right there with you on your driving pet peeves. Every one of them!!

Thena said...

I like your answer to #9. There discussing making it against the law to text while driving. But if it's not enforced how will it ever help.

Gberger said...

Always fun getting to read these! Hope you have a pink (not gray) day today!

Busy Bee Suz said...

very cute...but really, you never danced in public?? what about your wedding???

Jill said...

#9 - I'm definitely with you on texters (illegal here, but they do it anyway). Cell phones also get on my nerves, especially when people do stupid driving things while talking and never even realize it. Also, people who block traffic in parking lots while they wait for other people to pull out of parking places so they can park closer when there are plenty of places just a little further away!

Angie said...

# 9 - I agree and my husband is one of those backers! He does it at church while everyone is scrambling to get inside. I just look down and wait. :) He knows how I feel, but wants to get right out after! Makes me laugh.

# 11 - Yes, it was a weird one. I should have just written that and moved on. I came up with something and then shared my answer at the dinner table. I had some explainin to do. ;)

Have a great week.

Cheryl Barker said...

I silly dance with family and friends most any time, but I'm not a public dancer either :) Last time I danced in public was at our first daughter's wedding. This summer our other daughter is getting married so guess I'll have to break out my dancing shoes again. Yikes! :)