Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It’s the Randomness that get’s you

1. How good are you at delaying gratification?  It depends on what I’m waiting for.  It is hard to wait on things sometimes.

 
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?  (there was a video with the preview of these questions of a kid left in a room with a marshmallow and told to leave it be etc.. very Candid Camera) I think a marshmallow would be hard. That’s one of my favorite junk foods, but I seldom eat them. Actually I like marshmallow cream much better.

 
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?  Probably a 5.


4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?  Often that is the case with our desires.  We get it and think ‘oh’. Sometimes big things don’t seem like as big of a deal when we finally get/purchase etc them.

 
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?  I try not to, because they seldom lead where you want them to.


6. Which line is hardest to wait in? the express lane


7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?  no.


8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?  about the same


9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present? Yes I did. And it ruined Christmas for me. I had to ‘fake’ being surprised about a really  nice stereo. Not cool.


10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything? Gosh I don’t know… Waited two years after we married to buy a house. I worked and we saved that money so we could use it for the down payment. That seemed like a very long wait, since I wasn’t very fond of living in an apartment.

 
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other? DEFINITELY my significant other. I am always amazed at how patient he is with evvverything.

  
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James

The only one I’ve ever heard is “A” and I think that was on a ketchup commercial, so I guess I’ll go with that.

For more of the random, check out 2nd Cup this week! : )

‘

9 comments:

Gberger said...

Patience is a virtue! But it's not my best-developed one; my hubby is also far more patient than I am. It's a pleasure to live with (& learn from) him.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I heard that song this morning, I love it!!!
You are so funny Kay.
Can you believe I did not know the sex of either baby. but really, I KNEW. :0

Susanne said...

It's sort of funny how most of only know the "A" song.

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers! Thanks for sharing.

until next time... nel

Jill said...

I used to sneak peeks at all of my Christmas presents when I was a kid. I was an expert at opening and re-wrapping them. But you're right -- it did spoil Christmas for me. Now I don't even try to peek, even when I know exactly where my husband hides all my gifts. ( :

Dawn said...

haha!! these always make me laugh. i do not think i am a good wait-er...

Cheryl Barker said...

Chocolate would probably be one of my biggest temptations :)

Cathy said...

Yep, Anticipation was the only one I know too.

Diana Ferguson said...

Enjoyed reading all the answers!

Thanks for sharing a great post.