Saturday, January 2, 2010

a little bit more to the story

The other day I was at a department store.  Shopping. Which is something I don’t do very much of… especially for myself. Anyway, I was looking at some winter tops. There was a lady there holding up a Christmas sweater vest kind of thing and trying to decide which green top looked the best under it. 

Now, I don’t usually just start talking to people. Not very often anyway. But on this day for whatever reason, I did.  She kept holding the sweater up to a kelly green top and then up to a green apple/lime green top. I told her I liked the lime-ish green top the best. And I also told her that we painted our daughter’s bedroom that color.

She acted surprised.  “Really?!” she said.  Yep.  Took three coats to complete it but we think it turned out really cute.

She told me that her daughter wanted her room painted that color and she told her no. And then she told me I was a good mom for painting my daughter’s room that color.  Isn’t that funny?!

I didn’t tell you the story to tell you that somebody thought I was a good mom, but I just got a kick out of that lady. She was so sweet… even before we got to the part about my mothering. lol  I told her thanks and we chit chatted some more.

I think I might have told her about this, because I was just sooo excited about it.  And I guess I still am because I keep bring it up, huh?!

P1010786

But there’s a part of the story I haven’t told.  I was having lunch with a friend and she said she wouldn’t mind playing around with this project for me. So she made it for me.  She’s quite a whiz with Photoshop and all that fancy stuff.  I just told her what I thought looked good and what I thought we could tweak.  And after a few tries, we came up with this.

P1010825

Thanks AM! As I’ve said before… so stinkin’ cute!

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I find myself chatting with strangers more often now too. It might be a sign of 'aging' or just we are getting friendlier???
I also think you are an amazing Mom for letting Boo have that vivid color, I am a bit more of a control freak with paint colors. Although, I did let them each grafitti their names on the wall.
I love your friends photoshop work...so stinkin' cute!!

Gberger said...

Fabulous idea! Hmm...I know some people who would LOVE a gift like this! Thanks for sharing.

Jewel said...

I love that color!! Looks great with the pink!