Wednesday, January 13, 2010

that’s so random!

 

1. When was the last time you craved a food--what was it, and did you cave?  i have been craving cinnamon rolls for-evah.  Not yet.  : )


2. M & M's or Skittles?  I like M&M’s better, but since I can’t do milk, I have to settle for Skittles.


3. Have you ever read the Bible completely through?  Yes. It took me three years, but I was so pleased to have done it!


4. How long does it take you to really wake up in the morning?  Most days about 5 minutes.  Other days a bit longer. 


5. Have you ever been on a cruise? If not, would you like to? Nope.  I might like to, but hubs gets green just looking at a boat. My chances in that area are pretty slim, so I might as well not get my hopes up.


6. Who is your favorite actress?  Gosh, I have no idea.  Meryl Streep is very versatile. I watched the end of Steel Magnolias the other day.. (what was I thinking??? *sniff sniff*) and remembered how much I like Julia Roberts. I’ll read everybody else’s answers to this and go ‘oh yeah’ so I’m not even gonna try hard to think of anybody.  I’m just not that into that sort of thing.


7. ______ is something that I will just never understand.  Mean girls.  Computers.  Texting while driving.  Or just plain ole texting. I could go on and on with this one. I guess there’s a lot I don’t understand. LOL


8. How much of a technology junkie are you? See #7.  Um… I have to relearn how to text every time I have to do it. My husband has to teach me every little thing I do online, but I must have learned a little bit since I have a blog and I’m on Twitter..sometimes.


9. Do you enjoy selecting greeting cards for people, or is it more of a cultural "have to" for you?  Depends. We like picking cards for my husband’s family. It’s a big deal with all of them and the funnier the better!


10. When was the last time you got a new style/haircut?  I had long hair during the time Bub was sick and when we found out we were nearing the end I cut most of it off. I kept that short look since the spring of ‘02.  I’ve finally decided to grow it out a bit.  My bangs are out of style and I’ve been trying to want to change that up some.  Don’t know how well that’s gonna go though.  Been thinking about giving up and going short again because basically it boils down to me being lazy and I can dry short hair much faster than longer hair. I guess that just about screams “you’re old and you just don’t care anymore” when it’s all about getting it dry and moving on with my day, huh?!


11. What do you enjoy shopping for most?  Fun things. Not groceries or clothes or washing machines.  But I don’t even know how to describe fun things. Scrapbooking supplies are fun to shop for.  Books.. hooray for Half Price Books. CD’s are fun to buy too.  I heart Mardels.  I like buying things for other people. Example.. I bought a friend a nightlight that looks like a teapot at Kirklands recently.  She did a tea party for my baby shower for Miss Boo.


12. What's the last thing you think of before you leave the house?  Did you potty? Do you have your shoes on.  I’ve headed out to the garage in sock feet/barefooted before. Ooops!

To check out some more random, hop on over to Linda’s place at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

5 comments:

Wade's World said...

I am right there with you on everything you listed for #7. Especially the mean girls. And texting while driving.

And skittles are waayyyyy better than M&M's!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Skittles? ewww....they just look yucky to me. :)
I also make sure I have an empty bladder and 'matching' shoes when I leave the house!!!
You are so funny!!!

Gberger said...

I love #10, and I walk the walk with you - you know what my hair looks like. Short! Get in the shower, get out, rub styling gel into hair, GO!

Thank you for your comment the other day. I always worry about people's feelings after I write memories like that, but I have to speak my heart on my blog...I just hope that others don't get hurt. XO to you.

Jill said...

#7 - my husband's sense of humor.
#2 - potty, do I have my keys?

Kim said...

I've had a really short cut almost continually since age 15 -- I've just never gotten into the whole spend-half-an-hour-for-great-looking-hair. I've always liked something I can do in five minutes :-)

Good answers! I really enjoy this meme and how we get to know each other better :-)