Thursday, January 7, 2010

bugs

I hate bugs.

I always have.  And I’m sure I always will.

I remember when I was very young we went on a vacation in a VW Beatle.  By the way, we were camping… and carrying everything we needed except the tent poles, in our VW.  Um, yeah. And it was summer. And there was no such thing as air conditioning at that time. Just the roll down kind.  And what does that invite.

Bugs!

My parents used to tell a story all. the. time. of how I had a fit because a bug got in the car and they had to pull over to the side of the road and get rid of it because I was in the backseat FREAKING out.  In my defense, the bug was a wasp.  Wouldn’t you freak out?!

I few years later, we were all outside on the patio at a relative’s house, and being a little kid, I was off in another world just goofing around and not paying much attention to what was going on. And the next thing I knew, I felt something crawling up my leg! I proceeded to FREAK out and totally come unglued.  Come to find out, my dad was tickling the back of my leg with a end of a weed long blade of grass.  This was highly amusing to the grown ups.

I was not amused.  At all. 

While hubs and I dated, we attended a Bible study at a friend’s house every Thursday. One night there was a june bug in the house.  I hate those things!  The way they bob and dive. I always think it’s going to bump into me or land in my hair or something.  So I FREAKED out.  I think I hid behind a chair until they got rid of it.

Also during the summer we dated, it seemed particularly buggy.  We had lots of crickets.  And those freak me out too.  They hop all over the place. Oh yeah.. and I hate killing bugs too!  It’s so gross.. and sometimes crunchy! *shudder*  So this one summer there were lots of crickets and since I wasn’t very good at killing them, I’d throw a phone book on top of them, and we had lots of phone books.

Hubs came over one day and just rolled because the floor was littered with phone books. 

All of this to say that at least my husband knew full well what he was getting into when he married me. 

And then we had a kid.  And this is what I came home to the other day after leaving her home alone to run an errand.

P1010828

You’ll never guess what’s under it!

4 comments:

Beckypdj said...

a cricket?

When I first started reading I thought you were going to say you hated Volkswagons LOL

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh...you are so funny and so is Boo!!! I have a HUGE fear of spiders, but that is really the only thing that bothers me.
I really don't mind bugs. I have to go to petsmart to buy crickets weekly. (to feed the girls' lizards) When they try to escape their cage...i pick them up. Actually I chase them down (they cost 11cents each!!) and give them to the lizards.

Gberger said...

The apple (or the shoe) doesn't fall far from the tree!
Bugs dont bug me as much as snakes do. I don't do snakes.

Dawn said...

HILARIOUS!