Friday, January 1, 2010

a little more Christmas fun

Before the Christmas season is completely old news, I thought I’d share a couple more highlights… or maybe I should call it some more fun stuff from those days.

The cat had a really good time.

P1010772

She loves hiding under paper.  Her best side, no?!

I made this for the hubs.  Isn’t it cute???  I found a bowling pin at an antique store and spray painted it antique white and taped off to paint a red stripe.   Then I used sponge letters to spell DAD and added the stars, both in red. I touched up the edges of the D’s because they weren’t crisp enough for me. I think it turned out really cute.

P1010823

I guess I should explain the reason for the gift though. He decided late last year that he needed to lose some weight.  So get ready to hate him girls.. here’s what he did!  He stopped eating snacks and started doing the Wii Sports Resort. And he did a lot of bowling on there… thus the little nod in the gift. 

But the fact that he’s lost 30 some-odd pounds by skipping snacks is pretty amazing… and a wee bit annoying at the same time.  But good for him!

And then there’s a little bit of Merry Christmas To Me!  I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a bunch of rubber stamps for scrapbooking with my Christmas money.  I’ve borrowed stamps and liked them, but resisted buying them for myself, but they’re a better deal than stickers.  Once it’s on the page, it’s over. So I’m going to try to use more rubber stamps. I used a couple of them on my scrapbook calendar for this year. Cute.. but I still need a little practice.  : )

P1010790

We also made a gingerbread house a few days before Christmas. It turned out cute… but we kept chipping away at the icing.  Very klassy….but yummy!  We put a dot of icing on Miss Boo’s nose and a tiny red candy (and took her picture). 

Rudolph’s goofy stand in.

I’ll spare her the drama of posting that pic on the world wide webby of fun.

So that was a little more Christmas fun, but now the season is done. Happy new year y’all.

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Very cute Kay! Yep, I don't like your husband at all right now. :)
It seems it is so easy for men to lose weight. Thanks to all the wii fit commercials, I had a dream about it last night!!!
Happy New Year to you and your family. Suz

Dawn said...

Ooooo, the rubber stamps are fun. Have you tried embossing with them yet? I love doing that. But I'm never creative enough to be able to make anything cute with paper. So all my stamps and stuff just sit, and collect dust.

YOU are SOO lucky you have a Hobby Lobby! One thing I don't like about Maine is the not so great shopping. In Illinois I had everything at my fingertips and it was GREAT. You never know what you have until you.....know.

Would you like to connect on Facebook?

Gberger said...

Isn't it frustrating, how men can lose weight without really trying? And WE are the ones who carry the babies - and all of the weight that comes with them - and then have to try to lose it? Then menopause hits, and it gets even more "interesting!" It was worth it, to carry those babes.

Glad to hear that you had a good Christmas. You are clearly a Southern woman, with your attitude to the snow! Blessings to all of you.